SERVICE SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
Sundays at 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 12noon
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Sundays at 10:00 a.m. (Potomac Middle School)
WE ARE A COLORFUL BUNCH
We are a diverse church. We are a congregation of young and old, from many nationalities and various backgrounds. We are thankful that we experience on a small-scale what the Bible says will one day be total reality in Heaven – men and women from every tribe, and tongue, and people and nation serving, worshiping and sharing life together (see Revelation 5:9).
WE ARE ON A MISSION
Our focus is on changing lives and destinies of individuals, cities, and nations through the power of the Gospel by connecting people with the Lord Jesus Christ, the local church, small groups, their passion for service, and other like-minded churches worldwide.
WE HAVE ROOTS HERE
In 1992, Pastors Chris and Miriam Phillips came to Jacksonville, NC to provide pastoral leadership to Living Water Fellowship. At that time, there remained a small group of 60-80 people who had been without pastoral leadership for months and were meeting in a small storefront on Henderson Drive. Shortly after their arrival, the Lord began to bring clear vision and new purpose. Thus, River of Life Church was born.
In May of 1999, the church moved into a new worship facility at 1940 Gum Branch Road, where we continue to meet today.
In the beginning of September 2007 we added a third service to the Sunday morning lineup to meet the needs of the growing church. Currently, over 1200 worshippers attend services each Sunday.
In the beginning of April 2008 we took steps forward and closed on nearly 60 acres of land on the corner of Western Extension and Gum Branch Road.
In January of 2011 we began the “Heart for the House” campaign and we expect to begin the building of our new sanctuary in the fall.
On Easter weekend, 2013, we added a Saturday night service to our schedule. We now have three adult services and one youth service each weekend in Jacksonville: Sunday at 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. (Youth Church available) and 12 noon. We also have a Wednesday service at 7:00 p.m/ each week in Jacksonville.
On Easter weekend 2015, we launched our Dumfries, VA campus. Our Dumfries, VA location meets every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. at Potomac Middle School.
On December 4, 2016, we broke ground on our new church building in Jacksonville, which will be located at 2460 Gum Branch Road. We are so excited to expand the work that God has called us to in this community!
- In one God – revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Resurrection of the dead, Judgment, and a literal Heaven and Hell.
- In Jesus Christ – begotten by the Spirit and born of a virgin.
- In the absolute inspiration of the Scriptures.
- In the Sacrament of Marriage between one man and one woman.
- In man’s inability to save himself apart from God’s grace and faith in Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism by immersion and in the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- In the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit for all believers.
- In the priesthood of the believer – equal access to God.
- In the literal second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ – a new heaven and earth.
If you have any other questions, please visit our contact page.